Friday 14 August 2015

The Countdown Has Just Begun!! 30 Days Left and Still Tons of Things to Do!!

Ok, so che i countdown di solito si fanno dal 10 a scendere, però un'eccezione ci può stare ;)

Come si può facilmente capire dal titolo, mancano esattamente 30 giorni, un mese, alla partenza. Partenza per dove? Ora, i miei (molto pochi) fan l'avranno già intuito, visto che ho cominciato a parlarne più di due mesi fa. Però, vista l'importanza della cosa, mi sembra giusto parlarne un altro po', magari in maniera più dettagliata, spiegando anche come ho intenzione di arrivare a quel 14/ 09 ;);).

Per quelli che ancora non lo sanno, si va in Spagna!! A Zaragoza, per essere precisi ;);).

Vista la data di partenza (14 settembre, ore 16.55), penso sia abbastanza ovvio che non si tratta di una vacanza. Anche perché starò via per circa 4 mesi, il che vuol dire Hasta Luego Italia fino al 2016.

Questo perché la mia facoltà prevede un semestre obbligatorio (il primo del terzo anno) da passare in Spagna, con la possibilità di scegliere la meta tra le due città proposte (da qualche anno Malaga e, appunto, Zaragoza).

Dunque: perché Zaragoza? D'altronde a Malaga ci sono il mare e la fiesta ;).

Le ragioni sono diverse. Per prima cosa, si é trattato di una scelta geografica. Mentre Zaragoza si trova più o meno in mezzo tra le principali mete e città del paese (Madrid, Barcellona e Valencia in primis), Malaga sì si affaccia sul mare, però é un pochino isolata come città.

Poi quasi tutti i miei amici vanno a Zaragoza, quindi ho pensato sarebbe stato bello vivere quest'esperienza all together ;).

Poi boh, direi che a pelle (e avendo visto qualche foto/ video delle città) Zaragoza mi attira un po' di più.

Fatta la scelta, il next step é trovare l'appartamento. E qui l'é duretta. Le ricerche le abbiamo cominciate già a fine aprile, però ancora niente. Pochissime risposte, di cui la maggior parte era del tipo "Ciao sono X dell'agenzia Y. Abbiamo anche altre scelte simili a questo appartamento. Volendo puoi venire qui in agenzia e te la troviamo subito la casa. Comunque adesso é ancora presto per cercare una casa per il periodo che vuoi tu".

Ma come ve lo devo dire che sono in Italia e non ho intenzione di prendere un cavolo di aereo solo per vedere il vostro appartamento??

Al che, parlando con li altri, abbiamo deciso di lasciar passare un po' di tempo, di chiedere info a quelli del terzo anno, tanto per avere qualche contatto o dritta salvavita. In effetti qualche buon consiglio l'abbiamo ricevuto (bravo Mario!! :) ).

La strategia sarà quella di contattare via telefono il proprietario della casa direttamente, senza passare per le agenzie. La metterò in pratica nei prossimi giorni (per la gioia della bolletta del telefono!!) e vediamo come va.

L'ultima spiaggia sarebbe arrivare là e passare i primi 2-3 giorni in ostello così da poter cercare casa di persona. Alcuni ci hanno detto che la ricerca é generalmente piuttosto veloce. Boh vedremo come si metterà.

Direi che é decisamente ancora troppo presto per parlare di bagagli, valige, vestiti, cosa mi porto via, ecc…

Così come é presto per pensare al numero telefonico spagnolo, o alla macchina fotografica che voglio portarmi, o a tante altre cose che mi passano per la testa.

Anche perché, prima di tutti questi aspetti, c'é una questione molto più prossima e incalzante: l'esamino di Letteratura. Una volta fatto quello (1 settembre) avrò la mente sgombra e potrò dedicarmi a pianificare bene il viaggio e tutto il resto, ma ora proprio no.

Per farla breve, da quasi un mese a questa parte le mie giornate hanno tutte un aspetto in comune: la lettura di un romanzo di Levi.

Ora, non dico che non sia interessante o utile, dico solo che a me la lettura imposta proprio non mi riesce! Non mi godo il libro e finisco per metterci troppo tempo e magari dimenticarne dei pezzi (cosa assolutamente da evitare, visto quanto sembra essere pignolo il prof…).

Per fortuna ho gli appunti che Giada é stata gentilissima a prestarmi. Speriamo di riuscire a limitare un po' i danni con quelli!! :):)

Vediamo come va a finire dai… ;);)


----------

Ok, I'm well aware that countdowns usually start from 10, but where there are rules there are also exceptions. And the greatness of this circumstance fully allow me to start my countdown from 30!! :-P

As it can be easily understood by the title, there are still only 30 days left, exactly one month, before my departure. Yes, but departure towards where? Now, my (few) fans will have already deduced the answer, seen that I've been teasing them with this thing for two months I think. However, I think it'll be interesting (and a bit funny, I hope) reading what I'm going to write about my being still totally unprepared for this.

But enough with spoilers, if you want to know more, you'll have to read the full post, muhahah ;);)

…(even I can't explain this sudden outburst of madness, guess it was just a moment…)

Back to serious things, the destination. For those of you who still don't know anything about it, I'll be travelling to Spain. Or better, I'll be moving to Spain, to the lovely city of Zaragoza. Seen that I talked of 'moving' and judging by the departure date, it's quite obvious his won't be a normal one or two-weeks holiday.

No, this is going to be a four-months (or even something more, maybe) permanence abroad. This means Hasta Luego Italy till 2016 (= see you on 2016 Italy, translator mode on ;) ).

This because my University course is also composed of an obligatory semester in Spain for 3rd year students (the chichi was between Malaga and Zaragoza).

So, why Zaragoza? After all Malaga has the sea and it's a party city.

Well, I'd say for multiple reasons. First, it was a geographical choice: while Zaragoza is located more or less in the middle of an area in which there are some of the most important cities and tourist points (Madrid, Barcelona and Valencia for instance), Malaga is near the sea, but it's rather isolated as a place.

Plus, most of my friends had chosen Zaragoza, so I thought it'd have been super cool to live this experience all together :):).

Then boh, I'd say that instinctively (and after having looked for some pictures and videos of both these cities) Zaragoza appeals me more.

Once this choice was made, the next step was finding a flat. And this is proving itself to be so damn difficult a task. Of course we started our research quite far in advance, back in April, but we've only been failing till now. Very few answers, all quite close in their contents. It seemed they simply 'copied and pasted' their email. "Hi I'm X of the agency Y. We've other options beside this flat, but if you want, you can come here and visit them personally. Anyway, now it's still too soon to look for a flat for the period you want".

Now tell me how can I explain them in an easier way that I live in Italy and I absolutely am not going to take a plane just to come over and see their apartments??

Consulting with the others, we decided to wait for the right moment before we go back into the fray. But at that time we'd have had new weapons: some precious life-saving advice from 3rd year students!!

Our new strategy will be to contact the owners of the various flats directly by phone, in order to speak to them clearly and organize the thing better. I'll put it into practice in the next days (for my telephone bill happiness!!) and we'll see how it goes.

The last resort would be spending the first 2-3 days in a hostel looking for a flat personally. We were told that researching in this way is quite fast a thing. Boh, we'll see.

Talking about all the other things Spain-related, I think it's still a bit too early to begin worrying about luggage, cases, clothes, what to carry with me and what not, ecc…. (but I've some ideas about clothes, seen that I spent quite some time and quite some money doing shopping ;) ).

It's too early to think about what camera I should choose, but I think I'll take father's one, and to concern about my spanish phone number.

But why there's no time for me for these things? After all, they're all key elements of my spanish life!

Well, I'd say because first there's something else that has to be done and which requires me to be 100% focused: my Literature exam! (on the 1st of Sept)

Yes, I'm happy to have something distracting me from the stress of getting ready for Spain… I'm so happy…

Don't misunderstand, I'm not saying it's a waste of time or it's not something interesting. It's just that I don't like imposed reading. I've never liked it. It prevents me from fully tasting the text and from enjoying the reading. It can easily ends with me forgetting parts of the book (it's highly recommended avoiding this, cause the teacher is said to be quite incredibly fussy… great! Is there some good news for me??)

Luckily, I've Giada's notes helping me preventing me from looking like a tit (thank you so much for lending them!!!), so maybe there's still hope for me!! ;);)

Once the exam is finished, I'll have a couple of weeks to be completely focus on arranging the trip and some other things I'm planning to do in that period.

Well, with this I've finished my post. See you soon!! :):)



No comments:

Post a Comment